The detail of all of our current sessions can be viewed on the current Tennis Schedule. The schedule includes a wide range of organised sessions at the Centre and is organised on a month by month basis for the whole year.
Try us Anytime – Meet and greet sessions for new players to get to know the facilities. Just contact the Tennis Director or Membership Secretary/Team Captain and we can arrange a time to suit you to attend one of the sessions.
Social Play – Everyone is welcome on Saturday afternoons (1:00 pm to 3:30 pm), Tuesday evenings (6:00 pm to 7:30 pm) for which you can ‘book in’ prior to going down to the club and Wednesday evenings (5:30 pm to 7:30 pm). Sessions will continue under floodlights as the nights close in. The sessions are very flexible but typically you will be organised into pairs for a set of doubles, and then mix up and move around. Just turn up with your racquet.
SWAMP (Sunday Winter and Mixed Play OR Sunday Women’s and Men’s Play – take your pick!) – Sunday mornings from 11:00am – 1:00pm. Andy Clayton organises regular competitions for ours and members of other clubs. You need to check in with Andy in order to play. More information and contact details are given here.
Ladies Tennis & Tea – A group of ‘ladies only’ enjoy a few rubbers of social tennis and then indulge in some tea and cake, Every lady is welcome; Tuesdays (1.00pm – 2.30pm).
Members’ Private Play
Courts can be booked by members to play tennis, on a regular basis or just when the sun shines! Courts can be booked here.
Adult Coached Sessions (courtesy of tennisharrogate )
There is a wide range of adult coaching opportunities, regular sessions, events and tennis camps at the centre. Please see the coaching programme
Junior Coaching Sessions (courtesy of tennisharrogate )
In addition to the junior social tennis session held on Fridays, there is a wide range of junior coaching opportunities with regular sessions for all levels, other events and tennis camps at the centre. Please see the schedule and/or contact tennisharrogate.
- Learning Disability session (Monday).
- Harrogate Borough Council Disability Sports Programme
- Wheelchair Basketball group, at HHS (Wednesdays)
- Team Play – it will start again in April 2020 – we expect to have 5 teams playing in the mixed, men’s and ladies doubles teams next year. Look here for more information.
- Annual Club Championships – singles, doubles and mixed doubles. Finals day in September and Trophies awarded.
- Vintage Tournament – singles and doubles entry restricted to over 55’s. Pairs arranged on the day and played in late summer.
- Junior Tournaments – to be open to all by ability, will be arranged in line with coaching groups.