The detail of all of our current sessions can be viewed on the current Tennis Schedule. The schedule includes a wide range of organised sessions at the Centre and is organised on a month by month basis for the whole year.
Try us Anytime – Meet and greet sessions for new players to get to know the facilities. Just contact the Tennis Director or Membership Secretary/Team Captain and we can arrange a time to suit you to attend one of the sessions.
Social Play – Everyone is welcome on Saturday afternoons (1:00 pm to 3:30 pm), Tuesday evenings (6:00 pm to 7:30 pm) for which you can ‘book in’ prior to going down to the club and Wednesday evenings (5:30 pm to 7:30 pm). Sessions will continue under floodlights as the nights close in. The sessions are very flexible but typically you will be organised into pairs for a set of doubles, and then mix up and move around. Just turn up with your racquet.
SWAMP (Sunday Winter and Mixed Play OR Sunday Women’s and Men’s Play – take your pick!) – Sunday mornings from 11:00am – 1:00pm. Andy Clayton organises regular competitions for ours and members of other clubs. You need to check in with Andy in order to play. firstname.lastname@example.org
Ladies Tennis & Tea – A group of ‘ladies only’ enjoy a few rubbers of social tennis and then indulge in some tea and cake, Every lady is welcome; Tuesdays (1.00pm – 2.30pm).
Members’ Private Play
Courts can be booked by members to play tennis, on a regular basis or just when the sun shines! Courts can be booked here.
Adult Coached Sessions (courtesy of tennisharrogate )
There is a wide range of adult coaching opportunities, regular sessions, events and tennis camps at the centre. Please see the coaching programme
Junior Coaching Sessions (courtesy of tennisharrogate )
In addition to the junior social tennis session held on Fridays, there is a wide range of junior coaching opportunities with regular sessions for all levels, other events and tennis camps at the centre. Please see the schedule and/or contact tennisharrogate.
- Learning Disability session (Monday).
- Harrogate Borough Council Disability Sports Programme
- Wheelchair Basketball group, at HHS (Wednesdays)
- Team Play – it will start again in April 2019 – we expect to have 5 teams playing in the mixed, men’s and ladies doubles teams next year. Look here for more information.
- Annual Club Championships – singles, doubles and mixed doubles. Finals day in September and Trophies awarded.
- Vintage Tournament – singles and doubles entry restricted to over 55’s. Pairs arranged on the day and played in late summer.
- Junior Tournaments – to be open to all by ability, will be arranged in line with coaching groups.