At the present time we are trying to maintain a programme of organised sessions that can be undertaken in compliance with the published guidelines; these and other sessions will be notified to/communicated with the membership via email, What’sApp, etc.
All members will be expected to ‘book in’ for ANY & ALL ‘Organised Sessions’ that take place at the Centre.
There is a schedule of court usage which is updated as changes are made which can be viewed here.
Try us Anytime – Meet and greet sessions for new players to get to know the facilities. Just contact the Tennis Director, Carolyn, to arrange a time to suit you to attend one of the sessions.
Social Play – Everyone is welcome to one of two sessions on Saturday afternoons (1:00pm – 2:30pm & 2:30pm – 4:00pm) for which you can ‘book in’ prior to going down to the club. The sessions are very flexible but typically you will be organised into pairs for a set of doubles, and then mix up and move around. Just turn up with your racquet.
SWAMP (Sunday Winter and Mixed Play OR Sunday Women’s and Men’s Play – take your pick!) – Sunday mornings from 11:15am – 1:00pm. This provides informal competitive play for our members and members of other clubs.
Ladies Tennis – A group of ‘ladies only’ enjoy a few rubbers of social tennis. Every lady is welcome; Tuesdays (1.00pm – 2.30pm).
Members’ Private Play
Courts can be booked by members to play tennis, on a regular basis or just when the sun shines! Courts can be booked here.
Please note that courts must be booked through the *ClubSpark system before travelling to the Centre.
Adult Coached Sessions (courtesy of tennisharrogate )
There is a wide range of adult coaching opportunities, regular sessions, events and tennis camps at the centre. Please see the coaching programme
Junior Coaching Sessions (courtesy of tennisharrogate )
In addition to the junior social tennis session held on Fridays, there is a wide range of junior coaching opportunities with regular sessions for all levels, other events and tennis camps at the centre. Please see the schedule and/or contact tennisharrogate.
- Learning Disability session (Monday).
- Harrogate Borough Council Disability Sports Programme
- Wheelchair Basketball group, at HHS (Wednesdays)
- The Centre’s membership can take place in the Singles Ladder. This is open to male and female members. Contact Carolyn for details.
- Annual Club Championships – singles, doubles and mixed doubles. Finals day in September and Trophies awarded, also including a Vintage Tournament– singles and doubles entry restricted to over 55’s. Please note the Centre’s Championships were completed on Sept 19th, 2020; see News item.
- *ClubSpark is made available through the LTA and is copyright to Sportlabs.