ALL MEMBERS MUST COMPLY WITH HMG’S GENERAL GUIDELINES AND THE LTA’S TENNIS SPECIFIC GUIDELINES WITH RESPECT TO THE COVID PANDEMIC. THE LATEST INFORMATION FROM THE LTA CAN BE VIEWED HERE.
At the present time membership is available both for renewals and for new members.
If a membership interests you please apply as below contacting the Tennis Director, Carolyn Rothwell, by text on 07900 567904 in the first instance.
Membership starts from 1st April each year. There are several categories of membership available, as shown below. Membership renewals should be paid in March of each year and attract a small discount as shown.
|Membership Category||Annual Subscriptions for 2021|
|Full||Monthly||Pay before 01.05.2021|
|Adult (over 25)||£200 pa||£18 pcm||£190 pa|
|2 Adults + Juniors||£400 pa||£36 pcm||£380 pa|
|1 Adult + Juniors||£200 pa||£18 pcm||£190 pa|
|Young Adult (18 yrs – 25 yrs)||£100 pa||£9 pcm||£90 pa|
|Junior (14 yrs – 18 yrs)||£65 pa||£50 pa|
|Supervisory Adult + Juniors (over 9)||£70 pa||£55 pa|
|Supervisory Adult + Juniors (under 9)||£20 pa||£15 pa|
Please note ‘Taster’ Memberships (for 4 months – once only) are available as follows:
|2 Adults + Juniors||£140 pa|
|1 Adult + Juniors||£70 pa|
|Adult (over 25 yrs)||£70 pa|
|Young Adult (18 yrs – 25 yrs)||£35 pa|
- Full membership runs for 12 months from 1st April each year; renewal subscriptions for the following year are due by March 31st each year and do not require a form. Renewal notifications will be sent via email.
- For membership enquiries please text the Tennis Director, Carolyn Rothwell on 07900 567904 as a first contact.
- Other queries can be addressed to the Secretary, Nigel Bentley on 07827 441805.
- Pro rata subscriptions are available in each full price ADULT category. The balance payable is equivalent to the full rate reduced by the monthly instalment for each month missed. (see footnote example for table of Pro Rata rates)
- Under current, welfare and safeguarding practice all juniors under 14 years of age at the start of January 2021 must have a nominated “Supervising Adult” (S/A) as a member.
- Subscriptions shown apply only to the outdoor facilities.
- Where age limits apply it is the age at 1st January.
- Discretionary membership is available – PLEASE ASK!
Full adult category memberships can be paid by monthly instalments, as shown above, for a small annual premium.
Example Pro Rata Rates for Adult Over 25 Category of £200 pa. Price shown from month of joining.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
Besides the benefit of being able to play on some of the best tennis courts in Harrogate you are able, optionally, to enjoy the (separate) membership of the LTA, lots of social tennis and some of the best tennis coaching in Yorkshire at all levels. Those members renewing and new members will be invited to the Centre to receive their free tube and to learn about Safeguarding at the Centre.
Besides the personal details membership of the Centre requires a number of consents to be declared including the use of personal data held for the purpose of membership. These are shown on the membership form copies of which are available from the Tennis Director, Carolyn Rothwell, who will meet n’ greet all prospective new members at the Centre.
Following a successful membership application a ‘new’ member will receive an invitation to register with the *ClubSpark system to allow court booking and membership renewal. Registration with *ClubSpark is a once only exercise. A short guide to the registration process is provided here.
Please note that if you have a serious medical condition and/or you have not played tennis or any other sport before or in recent years HSTC recommend that you take medical advice before applying to join.
ADDITIONAL NOTES: The following notes are applicable to everyone who is considering joining the HSTC.
- As HSTC is affiliated and is fully registered with the LTA the Centre requests that all individuals become members (currently at no additional charge)via the ADVANTAGE programme. The benefits of the ADVANTAGE programme include:
- Membership subscription rates will be set by the board and notified at the AGM and are therefore liable to change.
- HSTC Articles of Association, Membership Policy and Club Rules can be viewed by clicking on the appropriate document.
- Full rate adult memberships entitle a member to vote at the centre’s AGM.
* ClubSpark is made available through the LTA and is copyright to Sportlabs.