We need your help to turn our current acclaimed tennis centre into a sustainable landmark community sports hub, boosting tennis participation, improving health and creating social opportunities for everyone in Harrogate and the surrounding area.
You in turn will play a vital role in regional tennis, secure in the knowledge the centre’s robust business plan demonstrates long-term commercial viability.
Based at Claro Park, we have already built six outdoor courts, which have already driven huge increases in participation. We will now create North Yorkshire’s only covered, all-year-round, pay-as-you-go tennis facility. ‘Shovel-ready’, work will begin in 2019 as we raise £1.5m to make our vision a reality.
To be part of this exciting project, please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
OUR JOURNEY SO FAR
- Established in 1947 at the Old Swan
- Played at Kent Drive for 25 years
- Moved to Claro Park in 2015 to drive increased participation
- Over 300 members (March 2019) from every background
- Six outdoor courts
- Temporary clubhouse
OUR PROJECT’S NEXT STEPS
- We are a charity who need your help to realise our ambition
- We have the site, the planning permission, the expertise and the passion
- We already have two significant financial contributions totalling over £1M confirmed, but we need to raise £1M more
- We can offer naming rights for the centre and other ways to recognise your invaluable support
- We have a 70 year record of success
- We are debt-free and financially responsible
OUR VISION – TENNIS FOR EVERYONE
We are creating an exciting new sports venue for Harrogate and North Yorkshire, to significantly increase tennis participation, accessibility and community enjoyment for decades to come and will help achieve the local council’s strategic priorities.
HARROGATE BOROUGH COUNCIL STRATEGIC PRIORITIES
|Harrogate Needs||HSTC will provide|
|More children taking up sport||➜||Free coaching for HHS and junior schools|
|Women 18-40 playing sport||➜||Could offer play/crèche, café, gym|
|Sport for people with reduced mobility||➜||Safe/comfortable playing environment|
|Older people returning to sport||➜||“Rusty racquets” & social tennis programme|
|Activities for LD residents||➜||Fun tennis sessions every week|
|Wheelchair / Deaf / Partial Sight Tennis||➜||Free expert coaching and sessions, weekly|
|Action on loneliness / mental wellbeing||➜||Social Tennis & Facilities & Community ethos|
|Stars of the future – to inspire others||➜||Courts & coaches that attract the best|
|Winter Tennis for whole district||➜||Pay and play, book and pay online, SWAMP|
|Thousands more playing sport||➜||Friendly, accessible, affordable, open 7/365|
To view the programme chart for the completion schedule for the construction leading to the opening look HERE.