Our ambitious project to turn our current acclaimed tennis centre into a sustainable landmark community sports hub, boosting tennis participation, improving health and creating social opportunities for everyone in Harrogate and the surrounding area is now nearing reality.
The project will realise a community sports centre whose robust business plan demonstrates long-term commercial viability.
Based at Claro Park, we have already built six outdoor courts, driving a significant increase in participation. This project will create North Yorkshire’s only covered, all-year-round, membership and ‘Pay & Play’ tennis facility. Being ‘Shovel-ready’, work is currently scheduled to begin in early 2021, and will see the construction of the indoor tennis Centre .
If you would like to be part of this exciting project, or simply want to learn more please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OUR JOURNEY SO FAR
- Established in 1947 at the Old Swan
- Played at Kent Drive for 25 years
- Moved to Claro Park in 2015 to improve facilities and drive increased participation
- Over 400 members (Oct 2020) from every background
- Six outdoor courts
- Temporary clubhouse
OUR PROJECT’S NEXT STEPS
- We are a charity who need your help to realise our ambition.
- We have the site, the planning permission, the expertise and the passion.
- Whilst we have raised significant financial contributions and are also being supported by the LTA any further assistance and funds will be appreciated.
- We can offer naming rights for the centre and other ways to recognise your invaluable support.
- We have a 70+ years record of success.
- We are debt-free and financially responsible.
- We anticipate the centre being constructed during 2020 to open in early 2021.
OUR VISION – TENNIS FOR EVERYONE
We are creating an exciting new sports venue for Harrogate and North Yorkshire, to significantly increase tennis participation, accessibility and community enjoyment for decades to come and in doing so will help achieve the local council’s strategic priorities.
HARROGATE BOROUGH COUNCIL STRATEGIC PRIORITIES
|Harrogate Needs||HSTC will provide|
|More children taking up sport||➜||Free coaching for HHS and junior schools|
|Women 18-40 playing sport||➜||Could offer play/crèche, café, gym|
|Sport for people with reduced mobility||➜||Safe/comfortable playing environment|
|Older people returning to sport||➜||“Rusty racquets” & social tennis programme|
|Activities for LD residents||➜||Fun tennis sessions every week|
|Wheelchair / Deaf / Partial Sight Tennis||➜||Free expert coaching and sessions, weekly|
|Action on loneliness / mental wellbeing||➜||Social Tennis & Facilities & Community ethos|
|Stars of the future – to inspire others||➜||Courts & coaches that attract the best|
|Winter Tennis for whole district||➜||Pay and play, book and pay online, SWAMP|
|Thousands more playing sport||➜||Friendly, accessible, affordable, open 7/365|