With the new facilities available at the Harrogate Spa Tennis Centre and the mixed use between the membership, coaching, ‘Pay & Play’ and school usage the centre uses a court booking system.
There are 6 courts available to be booked. There are 3 artificial grass courts (Nos 1 – 3) and 3 tarmac courts (Nos 4 -6).
MEMBERS’ COURT BOOKINGS: Before a member can use the court booking system they must be registered with the *ClubSpark system. Instructions to register are provided on the membership page.
MEMBERS’ BOOKING PROCEDURE: Members are able to book time to play on the courts up to 28 days in advance. The process for court booking is:
- Check court availability .
- Log in to the *ClubSpark system using own email address / password.
- Access the court booking screen to reserve the required date / time slots and confirm selection.
- An email confirmation will be sent to the member’s email address.
- If you wish to play using floodlights you will need to purchase floodlight tokens from the secretary, Nigel Bentley, (07827 441805) or the Tennis Director, Carolyn Rothwell, (07900 567904). Tokens are available at £6 per hour.
NOTES ON GENERAL USE OF THE COURT BOOKING SYSTEM: The following points are to be noted with respect to court availability and the booking system.
- Members will be able to reserve a court 28 days in advance.
- There is no charge for Members use of the outdoor courts (Nos 1 – 6)
- Non-members (for ‘Pay & Play’) will be able to book a court 7 days in advance.
- Time slots for booking courts are in periods of 30 minutes up to a maximum of 2 hours per individual booking.
- Individual members are restricted to reserving a single court per day.
- Players are requested to treat the booking process with consideration for all users and users of the courts and to not unnecessarily reserve court(s).
- Players are requested to ensure that courts are ‘released’ as soon as possible if they are not required so as to be available for other users.
- Days / time slots will be reserved for regular activities and shown on the court availability system:
- School Usage
- Club Social Play
- Team Play/Practice
- Junior Play
- Club Tournaments
- Court Reservations may also be made for ad-hoc events taking place at the centre e.g. Open Days; special events; etc. these will be reserved in advance of the 28 days booking period and also advertised in the clubhouse on the ‘Tennis Activity’ noticeboard.
- The Centre reserves the right to remove the booking facility from individual members if the booking system is not used appropriately.
- All players using the HSTC courts agree to abide by the Club Rules, Court Conduct and Court Booking Terms in force at the time.
- All players are asked to observe the playing code of conduct which are documented here and on notices attached to the court entrance gates.
- No food to be taken on court.
- Drinks only to be taken on court in plastic containers.
- No chewing gum to be taken on court
* ClubSpark is made available through the LTA and is copyright to Sportlabs.