There are two ways to be in a ballot for Wimbledon tickets:
- Apply directly to Wimbledon to take part in the public ballot. This is very simple;
- The application window is now open. All you have to do is forward a stamped address envelope to:
AELTC, PO Box 98 London SW19 5AE.
- You will receive a form by return which you simply complete and return to Wimbledon.
- Warning!!!! There is a time limit; you need to apply for a form by 15 Dec 2017 AND return the completed form by 31 Dec 2017.
- If you are successful Wimbledon will write to you with an offer of a pair of tickets and if you accept the offer you make your payment direct to them.
- The second way is to enter the club’s own ballot. This is a little more convoluted but easy nonetheless:
- Every year the centre receives a certain number of tickets to be distributed in a raffle.
- The number of tickets the centre is allocated depends on how many of our members have registered as British Tennis members.
- Registering is very simple and costs nothing/zilch/nowt for the “Lite” membership category.
- The “Lite” membership category is open to all HSTC members of 11 years of age and above (on 1st January 2018). “Lite” membership entitles everyone to take part in the Centre’s own ballot.
- It’s very easy to register simply join as a British Tennis “Lite” member.
- Remember when joining as a British Tennis member to link yourself with the Harrogate Spa Tennis Centre!
- If you are already registered as a British Tennis member and linked to Harrogate Spa Tennis Centre there is no need to re-register.
- Once you have registered as a British Tennis member you will be asked via email from British Tennis if you wish to “opt in” to the centre’s ballot for Wimbledon tickets.
- Simply answer ‘yes’ to that question and your name will be given to the HSTC secretary to enable you to take part in the centre’s ballot which will be held in May 2018 at the Clubhouse on a hopefully, sunny, Saturday afternoon.
So the more of you who become British Tennis members and agree to ‘opt in’ means the more tickets the centre will receive to be allocated to the centre’s membership so please everyone – register before the end of the year.